His Blessed Lineage
He is Jindan bin Naufal bin Sālim bin Ahmad bin Hassan bin Sāleh bin `Abdullāh bin Jindan bin `Abdullāh bin `Umar bin `Abdullāh bin Shaykhan bin Fakhr al-Wujūd Shaykh Abū Bakr bin Sālim bin `Abdullāh bin `Abd al-Raḥmān bin `Abdullāh bin Shaykh `Abd al-Raḥmān al-Saqqāf bin Shaykh Muḥammad Mawlā al-Dawīlah bin `Alī Mawlā al-Darak bin `Alawī al-Ghayūr bin al-Faqīh al-Muqaddam Muḥammad bin `Alī bin Muḥammad Ṣāḥib Mirbāṭ bin `Alī Khāli` Qasam bin `Alawī bin Muḥammad Ṣāḥib al-Ṣawma`ah bin `Alawī bin `Ubaydullāh bin al-Imām al-Muhājir il-Allāh Aḥmad bin `Īsā bin Muḥammad al-Naqīb bin `Ali al-`Urayḍī bin Ja`far al-Ṣādiq bin Muḥammad al-Bāqir bin `Ali Zayn al-`Ābidīn bin Ḥusayn al-Sibṭ bin `Alī bin Abī Ṭālib and Fāṭimah al-Zahrā’, the daughter of our Master Muḥammad, the Seal of the Prophets ﷺ.
Al-Habib Jindan started his journey seeking Islamic knowledge at a young age in his home country of Indonesia. Amongst other schools and institutions in Indonesia, Al-Habib Jindan studied at SD Islam Meranti and Madrasah Jami’yatul Khair, Tanah Abang, before leaving Indonesia for Yemen to study at Dar Al-Mustafa, Tarim, Hadhramaut. He was amongst the institution’s earliest graduants, together with reknown scholars, Al-Habib Ali Zainal Abidin Al-Hamid and the late Al-Habib Munzir bin Fuad Al-Musawa.
The following people are amongst the teachers of Al-Habib Jindan bin Jindan:
- Al-Habib Abdul Qadir bin Ahmad As-Seggaf
- Al-Walid Al-Habib Naufal bin Salim bin Jindan
- Al-Habib Muhammad bin Ali bin Abdurrahman Al-Habshi
- Al-Habib Hassan bin Abdullah Ash-Shatiri
- Al-Habib Salim bin Abdullah Ash-Shatiri
- Ainu Tarim, Al-Habib Abdullah bin Muhammad bin Alawi bin Shihab
- Al-Habib Zayn bin Ibrahim bin Sumayt
- As-Sayyid Muhammad bin Alawi Al-Maliki
- Mufti Tarim, Al-Habib Ali Masyhur bin Muhammad bin Salim bin Hafiz
- Al-Habib Umar bin Muhammad bin Salim bin Hafiz
- Al-Habib Muhammad (Sa’ad) bin Alawi Al-Aydarus
- Al-Habib Muhammad bin Hamid Ba’alawi
- Mufti Huraidho, Al-Habib Ali bin Muhammad bin Salim Al-Attas
- Mufti Tarim, Ash-Shaykh Fadhl bin Abdurrahman Ba’fadhal
- Ustazah Nur Baiti (Jakarta)
Missionary Work (Da’wah)
Al-Habib Jindan currently serves as chairman of Yayasan Al-Fachriyah, an institution of Islamic learning established by his late father, Al-Habib Naufal bin Salim bin Jindan in 1990. He also leads the weekly Majelis Ta’alim Kwitang which was established by his late maternal grandfather, the erudite scholar of Islam and knower of Allah (Al-Aarif Billah), Al-Habib Ali bin Abdurrahman Al-Habshi of Kwitang, better known as Habib Ali Kwitang. This weekly, Sunday morning class has been running uninterrupted for more then 100 years in Kwitang, Jakarta.
He is active in da’wah across the Nusantara region having delivered lectures and taught lessons in Malaysia and Singapore, apart from his native Indonesia.
Majlis Al-Hadyun Nabawi
Al-Habib Jindan is also co-scholar-in-resident of Majlis Al-Hadyun Nabawi* with Habib Ali Zainal Abidin Al-Hamid. Al-Habib Jindan will read off and expound Imam Al-Haddad’s masterpiece in spirituality, An-Nasihah as-Diniyyah wal-Wasoya al-Imaniyah (Religious Counsels and Faith-based Advices), which extracts the essence of Imam al-Ghazali’s magnum opus, Ihya’ Ulum al-Din. Al-Habib Jindan teaches this same book at Majelis Taalim Kwitang in Jakarta.
Majlis Al-Muwasolah Singapura wishes Al-Habib Jindan success in his dakwah mission and in every other noble mission he embarks on.
* Majlis Al-Hadyun Nabawi was established by the erudite scholar of Islam, the caller to Allah, Al-Habib Umar bin Muhammad bin Salim bin Hafiz ibn Shaykh Abu Bakr bin Salim to benefit the Muslim community in Singapore in spreading knowledge, spirituality, and peace.