إِنَّا للهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ
To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of the blessed mother of the Mufti of Tarim, Habib `Ali al-Masyhur bin Hafiz, and Ad-dai ilaAllah Sayyidil-Habib Umar bin Hafiz, Hababah Zahra bint `Abdullah al-Haddar.
Habib Umar (right) with Habib Ali Masyhur (left)
When her husband, Habib Muhammad bin Salim bin Hafiz, was abducted and martyred, she showed great steadfastness and gave her children the best upbringing. Her oldest son is Habib `Ali al-Masyhur and her youngest son is Habib `Umar. She also leaves behind her others sons: Habib `Attas, Sayyid Salim, Sayyid `Abdullah and three daughters.
She passed away at the age of nearly 96 after a life spent in worship and service. She was known for her uprightness, taqwa, fear of Allah and humility. She was constantly engaged in the remembrance of Allah. Her nights were spent standing in prayer and her days were spent fasting. She would give abundant charity in private.
May Allah pour His mercy upon her, raise her to the highest of stations and make her grave one of the gardens of Paradise. May He bless her children and loved ones with steadfastness.
Extracted from: http://muwasala.org/the-passing-of-hababah-zahra-bint-abdullah-al-haddar-may-allah-have-mercy-on-her/
The question “What is Tariqah Alawiyyah?” was posed to Al-Habib Ali Zainal Abidin bin Abu Bakar Al-Hamid at Majlis Al-Hadyun Nabawi on 3 June 2015. The following is our translation and paraphrasing of Al-Habib Ali’s answer:
Before answering the question proper, we would have to set out what a tariqah is. A tariqah is to the science of tasawwuf what a mazhab is to the science of fiqh. It is a wasilah (means) to arrive at Allah’s pleasure in regards to matters of the heart and, just like the mazhabs in fiqh, tariqahs are principled on the Qur’an and the Hadiths of Rasulullah ﷺ. Imam Junayd Al-Baghdadi further expounds this by saying – if you see someone walking on water or floating in the air whilst his actions are not aligned with the Qur’an and the Sunnah, he is nothing but a liar. Hence, a true tariqah is represented not by miracles that its leaders and/or adherents perform rather, it is represented by the alignment of their daily actions to the Qur’an and the Sunnah.
There are many turuq (plural for tariqah) and they typically take on the name of their founders – Shadzili, Qadiri and Idrisi, to name a few. It is said that Tariqah Alawiyyah took its name from ‘Alawi bin ‘Ubaydullah bin al-Imam al-Muhajir il-Allah Ahmad bin ‘Isa, a sufi alim from the Hadramawt valley in Yemen.
Tariqah Alawiyyah is built on the following 5 key principles:
- Ilm (knowledge)
- Amal (practice)
- Ikhlas (sincerity)
- Khauf (reverential fear of Allah)
- Wara’ (religious scrupulousness)
These are the 5 founding principles of Tariqah Alawiyyah which, in fact, represent the zinatussolihin (adornment of the righteous), core attributes which every pious Muslim should strive to subscribe to.
- Tariqah Alawiyyah is named after ‘Alawi bin ‘Ubaydullah, the first progeny of Sayyidina al-Muhajir il-Allah Ahmad bin ‘Isa to be born in Hadramawt
- Tariqah Alawiyyah is also referred to as Tariqah Ba’alawi or Tariqah Bani Alawi. The five key principles are expounded by Al-Allamah Ad-dai ilaAllah Al-Habib Zayn bin Sumayt in his work, Al-Minhaj As-Sawi Sharhu Usul Thoriiqah As-Saadah Ali Baa ‘Alawi
- Sayyidina al-Faqih al-Muqaddam Muhammad bin ‘Ali Ba’alawi, the sixth grandson of ‘Alawi bin ‘Ubaydullah, is widely acknowledged as the one who formally laid down the founding principles of Tariqah Alawiyyah, which continue to upheld by the Ba’alawi masters to this day
- Sayyidina al-Faqih al-Muqaddam Muhammad bin ‘Ali Ba’alawi’s full lineage is: Sayyidina al-Faqih al-Muqaddam, al-Ustadh al-‘Azam Muhammad bin ‘Ali bin Muhammad Sahib Mirbat bin ‘Ali Khali’ Qasam bin ‘Alawi bin Muhammad Sahib al- Sawma’ah bin ‘Alawi bin ‘Ubaydullah bin al-Imam al-Muhajir il-Allah Ahmad bin ‘Isa bin Muhammad al-Naqib bin ‘Ali al-‘Uraydi bin Ja’far al-Sadiq bin Muhammad al-Baqir bin ‘Ali Zayn al-‘Abidin bin Husayn al- Sibt bin ‘Ali bin Abu Talib and Fatima al-Zahra, the daughter of Rasulullah, our Prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah, the Seal of the Prophets ﷺ
The following is a summary from Lesson 5 of the book, Islam and Youth Issues, written by Shaykh Muhammad Sa’id Ramadhan Al-Bouthi (rahimahullah) explained by Al-Habīb Umar Bin Hafidz. (Hafizhahullah) containing answers to some questions.
- Secularism was designed to separate religion from life. The original secularists do not believe in the existence of deities, in the afterlife, nor in (Divinely appointed) messengers etc. As for those who adopt Secularism among Muslims, they consider religion as an independent and personal/private affair and (adopt) secularism in the other aspects of life.
- Capitalism is built upon private ownership and its opposite is Communism. Capitalism was in the north of Yemen while Communism was in the south. The Islamic System is considered the moderate solution (الحل الاوسط) between the stringency of Capitalism and the stringency of Communism.
- The secularist does not believe neither in religion nor in the unseen, except that which his mind, knowledge, and opinion require. Religion is separated from daily life (and they are made mutually exclusive of each other).
- Capitalism and Communism are two bankrupt systems in danger of total collapse.
- From amongst the signs and characteristics by which we recognise the people of truth are:
- They are the largest group, as mentioned in the hadith of the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم
- Amongst them are the righteous Ahl Al-Bait and the scholars from amongst them
- Their holding fast to the chain of transmission all the way back to the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم
- Their methodology casts in your heart humility, modesty and compassion for Muslims
Practical measures to take when one finds in himself internal conflict:
- Sincerely seeking refuge in Allāh Exalted is He
- Attaching the intellect and heart to the Noble Quran
- To connect with the people of sanad (chain of transmission)
خلاصة للدرس الخامس من كتاب الإسلام ومشكلات الشباب للشيخ محمد سعيد بن رمضان البوطي رحمه الله
:شرح الحبيب عمر بن حفيظ حفظه الله ، وتضمن الإجابة على بعض التساؤلات
١ العلمانية أنشئت لفصل الدين عن الحياة، فالعلمانيون الأصل لا يؤمنون بوجود آلهة ولا آخرة ولا رسل … الخ , وأما العلمانية عند من أخذها من المسلمين فهم يعتبرون الدين أمراً شخصياً مستقلاً والعلمانية في باقي شؤون الحياة
٢ الرأسمالية قامت على الانفراد بالملكية ويقابلها الاشتراكية وقد كانت الرأسمالية في شمال اليمن والاشتراكية في جنوب اليمن يعتبر النظام الإسلامي هو الحل الأوسط بين تشدد الاشتراكية وتشدد الرأسمالية
٣ العلماني لا يؤمن بدين أو غيب إلا بما يقتضي عقله وعلمه ورأيه , فصل الدين عن الحياة – وأن الدين شيء آخر وليس له دخل بالحياة
٤ نظام الرأسمالية والاشتراكية نظامان مفلسان ومهددان بانهيار كامل
:٥ من العلامات والمميزات التي نعرف بها منهج أهل الحق
أنهم السواد الأعظم المذكور في الحديث عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم –
وان فيهم صلحاء أهل البيت وعلمائهم –
ارتباطهم بالسند المتصل إلى النبي صلى الله عليه واله وصحبه وسلم –
المنهج الذي يقذف في قلبك الخشوع والتواضع والرحمة للمسلمين –
:العلاجات العملية عندما يجد الشخص في نفسه الصراع النفسي:
صدق اللجأ إلى الله سبحانه وتعالى –
الربط العقلي والقلبي بالقرآن الكريم –
الرفقة الصالحة –
الاتصال بأهل السند –
:للاستماع إلى الدرس كاملا