دعاء دخول رمضان لسيدي الحبيب ابوبكر المشهور حفظه الله
- Recite lots of the following doa (supplication) from our Predecessors in Ramadhan:
(x3)أشْهَدُ أن لا إلهَ إلا الله أسْتَغْفِرُ الله نسأَلُكَ الجنَّةَ ونَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ النَّار
- Recite “Surah al-Fath” (إِنَّا فَتَحْنَا لَكَ فَتْحًا مُّبِينًا) on the first night of Ramadhan
- Perfect your siyam (fasting) and your qiyam (supererogatory prayers including Tarawih, Witr etc.) by protecting your limbs from wasteful and sinful acts
- Put in effort to make iftar (breaking the fast) with only the halal (permissible)
- Take a portion of Ramadhan by reciting al-Qur’an with tadabbur (reflection)
- Strive to bring presence to heart (i.e. do not direct yourselves to things unrelated to Ramadhan)
- Memperbanyakan doa yang sangat ditekankan oleh para salaf di bulan Ramadhan:
(x3)أشْهَدُ أن لا إلهَ إلا الله أسْتَغْفِرُ الله نسأَلُكَ الجنَّةَ ونَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ النَّار
- Membaca “Surah al-Fath” (إِنَّا فَتَحْنَا لَكَ فَتْحًا مُّبِينًا) di malam pertama bulan Ramadhan
- Perbaiki siyam (puasa) dan qiyam (Solat Tarawih, Solat Witir dsn) dengan menjaga anggota tubuh daripada melakukan perkara yang sia-sia dan berdosa
- Berusaha untuk berbuka dengan hanya makanan yang halal
- Mengambil bahagian dari bulan Ramadhan dengan membaca al-Qur’an dengan tadabbur
- Berusaha agar hati selalu hadir (tidak menoleh pada selain kepentingan bulan Ramadhan)
Programming the Heart to Meet Lailah Al-Qadr
Al-Habib mentioned 3 preparatory acts – 3 things practiced in 3’s to be exact – which one should do to program one’s heart to meet with and benefit fully from Lailah al-Qadr.
- Always make iftar with at least 3 dates. You can make iftar with more than 3 dates e.g. 5, 7, 9 and so on, so long as it is witir i.e. odd BUT if you break your fast with only 1 date, your heart will not be properly programmed to greet Lailah al-Qadr even though 1 is witir.
- Always perform at least 3 rakaats of witir in Ramadhan. Similarly, al-Habib mentioned that if you perform only 1 rakaat of witir, your heart will not be properly programmed to greet Lailah al-Qadr even though 1 rakaat satisfies the conditions for Solat al-Witir.
- Look at the hilal on the first 3 nights of Ramadhan, preferably after the sunnah ghusl in the nights of Ramadhan, and say to it “Hilal khair wa rushd… Rabbi wa Rabbukallah [O hilal good and guiding, my Lord and you Lord is Allah]” and then make the following doa from Nabi s.a.w on each of the 3 nights even if you do not actually sight the hilal:
اللَّهُمَّ أَهِلَّهُ عَلَيْنَا بِالأَمْنِ وَالإِيمَانِ وَالسَّلاَمَةِ بالإِسْلاَمِ بالتَّوْفِيقِ ومَا تُحِبُّ وَتَرْضَى
Transliteration: Allahum-ma ahil-lahu alaina bil-amani wa-al-iman wa-as-salamati bil-islam bit-tawfiqi wa ma tu-hib-bu wa tardha
Translation: O Allah, manifest al-hilal to us with peace and iman, with safety and Islam and with continued guidance to what You love and You are pleased with.
If one doesn’t do these 3 things and Lailah al-Qadr passes by without him experiencing its blessings, he only has himself to blame.
Advice On Reaping The Full Benefits Of Ramadhan
Al-Habib also gave the following advice on how one can get the FULL benefits of Ramadhan’s blessings:
- You should be happy and thankful that Allah sent Ramadhan to you (as a 29 or 30 day guest).
- You should honour Ramadhan with lots of ibadat e.g. read the lots of al-Quran, perform the 20 rakaat of Tarawih prayers every night, make lots of zikir etc.
- You should avoid arguments at ALL costs, especially in the last 10 days of Ramadhan, and be especially weary of arguments with your spouse for it is from amongst the works of the shaytan that he spoils your potential rewards during Ramadhan by making you argue with your spouse.
Further to the above, Al-Habib also gave a tip on how to maximise the rewards from Tarawih. Al-Habib said that one can make one’s Tarawih fardh by making nazar  just prior to making Takbiratul-ihram and get the 70x reward promised for an obligatory act performed in Ramadhan.
These counsels have been paraphrased from Habib Kazim’s talk at a private function in Singapore on Monday, 18 July 2011.
 IMPORTANT: This team would like to advice caution here as this should only be performed by those who know the rulings and consequences pertaining to nazar.
- We intend that which the Prophet ﷺ, the righteous predecessors from the noble family of the Prophet ﷺ and illustrious companions intended
- We intend to fulfill the rights of the fast upon the way which is pleasing to the Divine All-Knowing Sovereign
- We intend to be steadfast in the (tarāwīh) prayers and to guard our limbs from disobedience and wrongdoing
- We intend to recite the Quran, do much Divine remembrance, recite prayers and salutations upon the Master of Creation
- We intent to avoid backbiting, slandering, lying, and things which lead to disobedience
- We intend to do much charity, to bring relief to widows, the poor and orphans
- We intend to adhere to the etiquette of Islam perfectly
- We intend to pray in congregation, on time consistently
- We intend that which the righteous servants of Allāh intended in the first, middle and final ten days and the Night of Power and all other nights and days
Do Lots of Four Things
It is narrated through Salman Al-Farisi that Rasulullah said ﷺ:
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ قَدْ أَظَلَّكُمْ شَهْرٌ عَظِيمٌ شَهْرٌ مُبَارَكٌ , فَاسْتَكْثِرُوا فِيهِ مِنْ أَرْبَعِ خِصَالٍ , خَصْلَتَيْنِ تُرْضُونَ بِهِمَا رَبَّكُمْ , وَخَصْلَتَيْنِ لا غِنَى بِكُم عَنْهُمَا , فَأَمَّا الْخَصْلَتَانِ اللَّتَانِ تُرْضُونَ بِهِمَا رَبَّكُمْ , فَشَهَادَةُ أَنْ لا إِلَهَ إِلا اللَّهُ وَتَسْتَغْفِرُونَهُ , وَأَمَّا اللَّتَانِ لا غِنَى بِكُمْ عَنْهُمَا , فَتَسْأَلُونَ اللَّهَ الْجَنَّةَ وَتَعُوذُونَ بِهِ مِنَ النَّارِ
O people! When the great, blessed month (Ramadhan) comes to you, do lots of four acts in it. Two acts with which you would please your Lord and two acts with which you cannot do without. As for the two which please your Lord, they are the testimony that there is no god but Allah and the seeking of His forgiveness. As for the two acts that you cannot do without, you should seek paradise from your Lord and seek protection from hell fire.
Hence, it is a practice throughout the Muslim world including in Singapore and throughout the Nusantara region that Muslims recite the following zikir throughout the days and nights of Ramadhan:
أشْهَدُ أن لا إلهَ إلا الله أسْتَغْفِرُ الله نسأَلُكَ الجنَّةَ ونَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ النَّار
Meaning: I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and I seek forgiveness from Allah. We ask You for paradise and seek your protection from the hell fire. 
Recitation of Laylatul-Qadr
It is also narrated that the Mother of Believers, Sayyidatina Ai’shah bint Abu Bakr As-Siddiq, had ask Rasulullah ﷺ what she should recite if she knew that it was Laylatul Qadr and Rasulullah said ﷺ:
قُولي: اللَّهُمَّ إنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ كَرِيمٌ تُحِبُّ العَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي
Say (O A’ishah): O Allah! You are Forgiving and Generous, you love to forgive, so forgive me.
Recommended Recitation Formula
In extracting benefit from both these narrations, Muslims would recite an amalgamation of the two azkar above, in the following formula, repeatedly throughout Ramadhan:
(x3)أشْهَدُ أن لا إلهَ إلا الله أسْتَغْفِرُ الله نسأَلُكَ الجنَّةَ ونَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ النَّار
Transliteration: Ash-hadu an laa ilaha illaAllah, astaghfiruAllah, nas-alu-ka-al-jannata, wa na-u’zubuki mi-nan-nar (x3)
Meaning: I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and I seek forgiveness from Allah. We ask You for paradise and seek your protection from the hell fire (x3).
(x3) اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّا
Transliteration: Allahum-ma in-naka ‘a-fuw-wun tu-hib-bul-‘af-wa fa’ fu ‘an-naa (x3).
Meaning: O Allah! You are Forgiving, you love to forgive, so forgive me (x3). O (the most) Generous One!
May Allah forgive our sins and grant us success this coming Ramadhan!
 Sayyidi al-Habib Umar bin Hafiz recommends reciting this 3,000 times in Ramadhan. Source: Preparing for Ramadhan
Al-Habib Abu Bakr Al-Adniy bin Ali Al-Masyhur mentions the Splitting of the Moon in the section “Inshiqaq Al-Qamar fi Nisfi Shahri Sha’aban” or “The Splitting of the Moon on the Half of the Month of Sha’ban” in his ode to the month of Sha’ban, the Sha’baniyyah:
The Splitting of the Moon on the Half of the Month of Sha’ban
On (the night of) Half of Sha’ban whilst the Full Moon stood at the horizon
The (disbelieving) Quraysh spoke to the Messenger ﷺ in Makkah, requesting for a confirmation (of prophethood)
He ﷺ called them to the truth so that they would be purged from wastefully (engaging) in evil shirk
They conditioned (a miracle) that they see with their eyes the full moon split and so it split
A miracle to the Chosen One ﷺ from amongst his people – it came with it a sign so read it! (Read it) so that you may rejoice!
Habib Abu Bakr’s Nisfu Sha’ban Message
Habib Abu Bakr mentions a number of valuable lessons to be learnt from the story of the Splitting of the Moon.
- Disbelievers are the ones who ask for proofs
The asbabul-wurud (reason for occurrence) of the Splitting of the Moon was a number of disbelieving Quraysh nobles asking the Prophet ﷺ for a miracle demonstrating his prophethood. The Prophet ﷺ acceded to this request and pointed to the moon, which duly split by the will of Allah, and one half of it was brought forth, hovering over Jabal Abi Qubays. The disbelievers were the only ones who had asked the Prophet ﷺ to demonstrate prophethood and despite prophethood being made apparent to them through the Splitting of the Moon, they continued to disbelieve, calling the incident a sihr mustamir or a continuous black magic.
- Hikmah Balighah (Manifested Wisdom) has no bearing on the heedless
The disbelievers used to mock at Rasulullah ﷺ and Allah referred to the Splitting of the Moon as a hikmah balighah (manifested wisdom) in Surah Al-Qamar because it is as an isharah (indication) to us that, like sign of the Splitting of the Moon, many other Signs of the Hour will also come as wisdom and manifest but it will be of no use when brought forth to many of the people of our times.
- The Splitting of Moon is a Sign of the Hour and an indicator of what is needed for the ummah in our times
Al-Habib Abu Bakr Al-Masyhur encourages teaching of knowledge of the Signs of the Hour to children and students alike, as they would be taught other core Islamic subjects, as indeed it is from amongst the core sciences of the Deen.
The words above are based on the words of Allah the Most High in Surah Al-Qamar:
١ ٱقۡتَرَبَتِ ٱلسَّاعَةُ وَٱنشَقَّ ٱلۡقَمَر
1. The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been split.
٢ وَإِن يَرَوۡاْ ءَايَةً۬ يُعۡرِضُواْ وَيَقُولُواْ سِحۡرٌ۬ مُّسۡتَمِرٌّ
2. And if they see a sign, they turn away, and say: “This is continuous magic.”
٣ وَڪَذَّبُواْ وَٱتَّبَعُوٓاْ أَهۡوَآءَهُمۡۚ وَڪُلُّ أَمۡرٍ۬ مُّسۡتَقِرٌّ۬
3. They mocked and followed their own lusts. And every matter will be settled.
٤ وَلَقَدۡ جَآءَهُم مِّنَ ٱلۡأَنۢبَآءِ مَا فِيهِ مُزۡدَجَرٌ
4. And indeed there has come to them news wherein there is (enough warning) to check.
٥ حِڪۡمَةُۢ بَـٰلِغَةٌ۬ۖ فَمَا تُغۡنِ ٱلنُّذُرُ
5. Manifested wisdom but warners benefit them not.
٦ فَتَوَلَّ عَنۡهُمۡۘ يَوۡمَ يَدۡعُ ٱلدَّاعِ إِلَىٰ شَىۡءٍ۬ نُّڪُرٍ
6. So withdraw from them. The Day that the caller will call (them) to a terrible thing.
The above is a paraphrased extract of Habib Abu Bakr Al-Adniy bin Ali Al-Masyhur’s Nisfu Sha’ban address to the congregation at Masjid An-Nahdhah, Singapore, on the eve of Nisfu Sha’ban 1436 corresponding with 1 June 2015.
إِنَّا للهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ
To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of the blessed mother of the Mufti of Tarim, Habib `Ali al-Masyhur bin Hafiz, and Ad-dai ilaAllah Sayyidil-Habib Umar bin Hafiz, Hababah Zahra bint `Abdullah al-Haddar.
When her husband, Habib Muhammad bin Salim bin Hafiz, was abducted and martyred, she showed great steadfastness and gave her children the best upbringing. Her oldest son is Habib `Ali al-Masyhur and her youngest son is Habib `Umar. She also leaves behind her others sons: Habib `Attas, Sayyid Salim, Sayyid `Abdullah and three daughters.
She passed away at the age of nearly 96 after a life spent in worship and service. She was known for her uprightness, taqwa, fear of Allah and humility. She was constantly engaged in the remembrance of Allah. Her nights were spent standing in prayer and her days were spent fasting. She would give abundant charity in private.
May Allah pour His mercy upon her, raise her to the highest of stations and make her grave one of the gardens of Paradise. May He bless her children and loved ones with steadfastness.
The question “What is Tariqah Alawiyyah?” was posed to Al-Habib Ali Zainal Abidin bin Abu Bakar Al-Hamid at Majlis Al-Hadyun Nabawi on 3 June 2015. The following is our translation and paraphrasing of Al-Habib Ali’s answer:
Before answering the question proper, we would have to set out what a tariqah is. A tariqah is to the science of tasawwuf what a mazhab is to the science of fiqh. It is a wasilah (means) to arrive at Allah’s pleasure in regards to matters of the heart and, just like the mazhabs in fiqh, tariqahs are principled on the Qur’an and the Hadiths of Rasulullah ﷺ. Imam Junayd Al-Baghdadi further expounds this by saying – if you see someone walking on water or floating in the air whilst his actions are not aligned with the Qur’an and the Sunnah, he is nothing but a liar. Hence, a true tariqah is represented not by miracles that its leaders and/or adherents perform rather, it is represented by the alignment of their daily actions to the Qur’an and the Sunnah.
There are many turuq (plural for tariqah) and they typically take on the name of their founders – Shadzili, Qadiri and Idrisi, to name a few. It is said that Tariqah Alawiyyah took its name from ‘Alawi bin ‘Ubaydullah bin al-Imam al-Muhajir il-Allah Ahmad bin ‘Isa, a sufi alim from the Hadramawt valley in Yemen.
Tariqah Alawiyyah is built on the following 5 key principles:
- Ilm (knowledge)
- Amal (practice)
- Ikhlas (sincerity)
- Khauf (reverential fear of Allah)
- Wara’ (religious scrupulousness)
These are the 5 founding principles of Tariqah Alawiyyah which, in fact, represent the zinatussolihin (adornment of the righteous), core attributes which every pious Muslim should strive to subscribe to.
- Tariqah Alawiyyah is named after ‘Alawi bin ‘Ubaydullah, the first progeny of Sayyidina al-Muhajir il-Allah Ahmad bin ‘Isa to be born in Hadramawt
- Tariqah Alawiyyah is also referred to as Tariqah Ba’alawi or Tariqah Bani Alawi. The five key principles are expounded by Al-Allamah Ad-dai ilaAllah Al-Habib Zayn bin Sumayt in his work, Al-Minhaj As-Sawi Sharhu Usul Thoriiqah As-Saadah Ali Baa ‘Alawi
- Sayyidina al-Faqih al-Muqaddam Muhammad bin ‘Ali Ba’alawi, the sixth grandson of ‘Alawi bin ‘Ubaydullah, is widely acknowledged as the one who formally laid down the founding principles of Tariqah Alawiyyah, which continue to upheld by the Ba’alawi masters to this day
- Sayyidina al-Faqih al-Muqaddam Muhammad bin ‘Ali Ba’alawi’s full lineage is: Sayyidina al-Faqih al-Muqaddam, al-Ustadh al-‘Azam Muhammad bin ‘Ali bin Muhammad Sahib Mirbat bin ‘Ali Khali’ Qasam bin ‘Alawi bin Muhammad Sahib al- Sawma’ah bin ‘Alawi bin ‘Ubaydullah bin al-Imam al-Muhajir il-Allah Ahmad bin ‘Isa bin Muhammad al-Naqib bin ‘Ali al-‘Uraydi bin Ja’far al-Sadiq bin Muhammad al-Baqir bin ‘Ali Zayn al-‘Abidin bin Husayn al- Sibt bin ‘Ali bin Abu Talib and Fatima al-Zahra, the daughter of Rasulullah, our Prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah, the Seal of the Prophets ﷺ
The following is a summary from Lesson 5 of the book, Islam and Youth Issues, written by Shaykh Muhammad Sa’id Ramadhan Al-Bouthi (rahimahullah) explained by Al-Habīb Umar Bin Hafidz. (Hafizhahullah) containing answers to some questions.
- Secularism was designed to separate religion from life. The original secularists do not believe in the existence of deities, in the afterlife, nor in (Divinely appointed) messengers etc. As for those who adopt Secularism among Muslims, they consider religion as an independent and personal/private affair and (adopt) secularism in the other aspects of life.
- Capitalism is built upon private ownership and its opposite is Communism. Capitalism was in the north of Yemen while Communism was in the south. The Islamic System is considered the moderate solution (الحل الاوسط) between the stringency of Capitalism and the stringency of Communism.
- The secularist does not believe neither in religion nor in the unseen, except that which his mind, knowledge, and opinion require. Religion is separated from daily life (and they are made mutually exclusive of each other).
- Capitalism and Communism are two bankrupt systems in danger of total collapse.
- From amongst the signs and characteristics by which we recognise the people of truth are:
- They are the largest group, as mentioned in the hadith of the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم
- Amongst them are the righteous Ahl Al-Bait and the scholars from amongst them
- Their holding fast to the chain of transmission all the way back to the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم
- Their methodology casts in your heart humility, modesty and compassion for Muslims
Practical measures to take when one finds in himself internal conflict:
- Sincerely seeking refuge in Allāh Exalted is He
- Attaching the intellect and heart to the Noble Quran
- To connect with the people of sanad (chain of transmission)
خلاصة للدرس الخامس من كتاب الإسلام ومشكلات الشباب للشيخ محمد سعيد بن رمضان البوطي رحمه الله
:شرح الحبيب عمر بن حفيظ حفظه الله ، وتضمن الإجابة على بعض التساؤلات
١ العلمانية أنشئت لفصل الدين عن الحياة، فالعلمانيون الأصل لا يؤمنون بوجود آلهة ولا آخرة ولا رسل … الخ , وأما العلمانية عند من أخذها من المسلمين فهم يعتبرون الدين أمراً شخصياً مستقلاً والعلمانية في باقي شؤون الحياة
٢ الرأسمالية قامت على الانفراد بالملكية ويقابلها الاشتراكية وقد كانت الرأسمالية في شمال اليمن والاشتراكية في جنوب اليمن يعتبر النظام الإسلامي هو الحل الأوسط بين تشدد الاشتراكية وتشدد الرأسمالية
٣ العلماني لا يؤمن بدين أو غيب إلا بما يقتضي عقله وعلمه ورأيه , فصل الدين عن الحياة – وأن الدين شيء آخر وليس له دخل بالحياة
٤ نظام الرأسمالية والاشتراكية نظامان مفلسان ومهددان بانهيار كامل
أنهم السواد الأعظم المذكور في الحديث عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم –
وان فيهم صلحاء أهل البيت وعلمائهم –
ارتباطهم بالسند المتصل إلى النبي صلى الله عليه واله وصحبه وسلم –
المنهج الذي يقذف في قلبك الخشوع والتواضع والرحمة للمسلمين –
:العلاجات العملية عندما يجد الشخص في نفسه الصراع النفسي:
صدق اللجأ إلى الله سبحانه وتعالى –
الربط العقلي والقلبي بالقرآن الكريم –
الرفقة الصالحة –
الاتصال بأهل السند –
:للاستماع إلى الدرس كاملا