Shaykh Umar bin Hussein Al-Khatib Al-Ansari Al-Ausi was born in 1969, in the blessed Hadramawt Valley in South Yemen.
Shaykh Umar Al-Khatib had been a devoted student of the Islamic Sciences, having memorised the Quran and embarked on studies in various Islamic sciences, with scholars in the Hadramaut Valley, at a young age.
He counts the following ulama’ as his teachers:
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Umar bin Alwi Al-Kaff
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Umar bin Ahmad Al-Masyur
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Hassan bin Abdullah As-Shatiriy
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Salim bin Abdullah As-Shatiriy
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Ali Masyur bin Muhammad Hafizh
- The late Mufti of Tarim, Shaykh Fadhol bin Abdul Rahman Bafadhl
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Umar bin Muhammad bin Salim bin Hafizh
Shaykh Umar Al-Khatib is a faqih (an expert in Islamic jurisprudence) and currently serves the ummah of Rasulullah as a senior teacher and a fatwa committee member at the world renowned Darul Mustafa Institute of Islamic Sciences. He currently teaches Fiqh, Aqidah, Al-Quran, and Hadith.
He is also an Imam and Khatib for the Juma’ah and Eid prayers at Masjid Ar-Raudhah, Aidid, Tarim.
Shaykh Umar Al-Khatib regularly travels around the world such as to Europe, Syria, Egypt, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore to teach the Islam sciences.
We ask Allah to bless the efforts of Shaykh Umar Al-Khatib and to ease him in all his affairs. Amin!